30th October 2018, 3pm GMT: Since its inception in 2007, the M50, and its successor, the M50x, have been recognised as some of the world’s leading professional studio monitor headphones, favoured by recording studios around the globe and worn by renowned music artists including Stormzy, Royal Blood and Faithless. Their popularity and coveted sonic signature has seen the over-ear model adopted by music fans as their everyday headphone, with 1.8 million sold worldwide. Now Audio-Technica is introducing the ATH-M50xBT, a Bluetooth® wireless version of this iconic headphone.
M50xBT harnesses the legendary audio performance of the M50x and arrives with wireless, on-the-go features and functionality, including a 40 hour battery life, touch controls to activate your smartphone’s Google Assistant™ or Siri™, a built-in mic and easy management via Audio-Technica’s Connect app for Android and iOS.
Harbouring 45mm large-aperture drivers with rare-earth magnets and copper-clad aluminium wire voice coils, the ATH-M50xBT delivers exceptional clarity and deep, accurate bass response over a low energy Bluetooth® 5.0 wireless connection. Codecs supported for the wireless streaming of audio include aptX for CD-like quality and SBC and Advanced Audio Coding (AAC), to deliver a superior audio experience, compared to MP3 at similar bit rates.
The ATH-M50xBT’s over-the-ear design provides effective sound isolation for listening in noisy environments such as a train carriage or busy office, while professional-grade earpad and headband material for long-lasting durability and comfort eradicate fatigue during long-listening sessions on-the-move or at home.
Once paired with your Android smartphone or Apple iPhone, a two-second tap of the left housing provides quick access to your phone’s voice assistant. Accessible button controls are also built into the left earcup for convenient handling of phone calls, music playback and volume adjustment, while the free Audio-Technica Connect app allows easy audio management from a smartphone such as codec switching (aptX, AAC, SBC), battery status and headphone locator.
A collapsable design and 90-degree swivelling ear cups make the M50xBT the ideal choice for life on-the-move and for easy storage – a supplied carry pouch adds extra protection during transit. When battery life is low a 1.2 m (3.9′) cable featuring a mic and controls is also included to provide a wired connection.
Available to purchase now across Europe from Amazon, eu.audio-technica.com/M50xBT and selected European online retail partners.
- Type: Closed-back dynamic
- Driver Diameter: 45 mm
- Magnet: Rare earth
- Voice Coil: CCAW (Copper-clad aluminium wire)
- Frequency Response: 15 – 28,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 99 dB
- Impedance: 38 ohms
- Battery: DC3.7 V lithium polymer rechargeable battery
- Battery Life: Approx. 40 hours continuous use
- Charging Time: Approx. 7 hours (for 0-100%charge)
- Weight: 310 g without cable and connector
- Cable: Detachable 1.2 m (3.9′)
- Connector: 3.5 mm (1/8″) stereo mini-plug
- Accessories Included: 30 cm (1.0′) USB charging cable, protective pouch
- Type (Microphone): Condenser
- Sensitivity (Microphone): -42 dB (1V/Pa at 1 kHz)
- Frequency Response (Microphone): 80 – 10,000 Hz
- Polar Pattern (Microphone): Omnidirectional
- Input Jack: Micro USB Type B
- Communication System: Bluetooth Version 5.0
- Output: Bluetooth Specification Power Class 2
- Maximum Communication Range: Line of sight – approx. 10 m (33′)
- Compatible Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP, AVRCP, HFP, HSP
- Support Codec: aptX, AAC, SBC