Audio-Technica offers its employees both an open environment and an informal culture, encouraging fresh ideas and helping employees realise their true potential. We look for people with vision and innovative flair and above all, we believe there are opportunities for everyone to shine if they are ready to embrace a challenge. Working for Audio-Technica can be an exciting and rewarding experience, browse our vacancies below and contact us if you feel you might be suitable to join our team. If no vacancies are listed, we may still be interested in hearing from exciting individuals.
Date: 13th February 2019
Department: Supply Chain
Reporting to: Supply Chain Manager, Europe
Working closely with the Supply Chain Manager you will oversee the smooth running of the Purchasing Department. You will coach, mentor and develop a team of Material Planners/Buyers. You will be responsible for the Purchasing of Inventory, consumable goods and services to ensure the smooth operation of the business, enabling it to meet the needs of the Company’s customer base.
- Provide leadership, support and effective communication to the Purchasing Team. Conduct regular team and individual meetings to provide direction, coaching and development, ensuring that the team are always fully aware of the business goals and strategies and any factors which may impact or influence the commercial environment in which it operates.
- Ensure that the Company’s inventory is maintained in line with the budgets and target levels set by the business. Make an active contribution to the monitoring and effective management of slow moving and obsolete stock and work in collaboration with key stake holders to influence a proactive approach in identifying any potential stock issues.
- Manage, design and deliver critical management information and metrics as requested to key stakeholders, to support effective inventory planning and management; this will include but is not limited to :- Slow Moving Stock Reports / Forecast vs Actual Reports / Months on Hand by Sector Reports / Parent Company requested reports.
- Carry out regular (Min. every 6 months) reviews / audits of existing suppliers of consumable goods and services, obtaining comparative benchmarking data from potential alternative suppliers, to ensure best value prices, terms and lead-times for the business.
- Create and proactively manage and maintain a Vendor Database to evaluate existing and new suppliers, ensuring that all SLA’s agreed are in accordance with business needs and guidelines.
- Take responsibility for the ongoing stability and flexibility of the European stock profile – lead and support the Materials Planners in ensuring that the stock profile across our European warehouses is effectively balanced to maximise territory sales and minimise stock transfer costs.
- Working in collaboration with the IT team and key stakeholders, take responsibility for the continual review and monitoring of the effectiveness of the processes and set-up parameters within the ERP systems; identify the functional capabilities of AX to drive continuous improvements to the processes and workflow management, to ensure that cross-functional effectiveness and business performance is maximised.
- Continually review the Company’s purchasing of distributed goods, and maintain positive relationships and collaboration with manufacturers, to ensure product is received OTIF to meet business needs and customer expectations.
- Define, monitor and review appropriate KPI’s to ensure the continued effective performance of the Purchasing team and function. Provide leadership and guidance in the setting of both individual and team performance targets to maximise effective performance and contribution and meet business needs. Carry out annual performance reviews and ensure that each individual is motivated to seek ongoing personal development, supporting their completion of Personal Development Plans each year to increase their skills and competencies.
- Work in close collaboration with key internal departments to ensure the smooth On Boarding and EOL management of all SKU’s.
- Carry out monthly reviews to analyse Spend v Budget in all areas of Purchasing; identify any areas of potential cost savings and produce reports and recommendations accordingly for Supply Chain Manager.
- Working in consideration of advice and guidance from the Supply Chain Manager, take responsibility for the creation and regular review of Purchasing policies, updating as required in consultation with the Supply Chain Manager. Ensure that all Purchasing policies are effectively communicated to all stakeholders in a timely manner and carry out regular reviews to maintain full compliance.
- Lead and / or contribute to a range of business projects, as required, to provide Purchasing input and expertise and support business change.
- Undertake any training required to ensure continued up to date knowledge of Purchasing procedures, best practice and associated legislation as well as general management development.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required
- English and Maths qualifications to minimum GCSE level
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a Senior Purchasing Role – preferably within a FMCG commercial environment
- Able to demonstrate a high level of commercial acumen, with experience of analysing a wide variety of data to support effective strategic planning and decision making
- Excellent communication, negotiation and collaboration skills with the ability to build positive relationships and influence stakeholder decisions at all levels
- Strong numeracy, analytical and all-round IT skills – highly Excel proficient, with excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Proven successful leadership and people management skills, with the ability to motivate and develop teams and individuals to achieve targets and business objectives
- Experience in using ERP systems
- Self-motivated with ability to work on their own or as part of a team, under pressure and to deliver to deadlines
- CIPS Qualification
- Excel Advanced level
- Experience of Microsoft Dynamics AX software
✓ Full Time
If you are interested in this position, please apply by sending your CV along with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org the closing date of 25th February 2019.