TECHNICAL PRODUCT SPECIALIST – SPANISH SPEAKING
Date: 15th April 2019
Department: ATS - Technical Support
Reporting to: Application, Training & Support Manager
As part of the Application, Training & Support team, provide a high level of technical support for colleagues & customers across the Audio-Technica UK and Iberia regions, ensuring successful resolution of their queries and concerns; providing product training and demonstrations as requested to internal and external stakeholders and out of hours technical support to users as required; to carry out product testing for both familiarisation and to ensure compliance with legislation and support on-going product development.
- Provide technical support on all Audio-Technica, Allen & Heath, APART, Audient, Genelec, Alton & Numark products (plus other audio brands that may be added from time to time), to all staff or Audio-Technica distributors across the Iberia & UK regions as required, to ensure successful resolution of queries and issues. Assist end users across EMEA where there is no or limited distributor coverage.
- Provide out of hours technical support to users, as required, on an “on call” rota basis in conjunction with other members of the ATS team. Provide telephone advice and support or on-site repair / replacement of equipment, as required and where possible.
- Assist customers and end users in remote fault finding, diagnosis and providing solutions; liaise with Service Department when deeper electronic knowledge is required; achieve a smooth handover to Customers Services operatives if customer requires spare parts, RMA services, etc.
- Assist ATS Manager with the maintenance of the web-based spare part product listings, including the creation of product descriptions; assist with regular review and updates of data as required.
- Support the ATS Manager with provision of technical specifications for trade shows and exhibitions, including assisting with the design, acquisition & installation of equipment and products required; liaising with Marketing staff & external contractors to support successful delivery of the stands and maximising Company brands & profile.
- Carry out technical mock tests on equipment and products prior to use at shows and exhibitions, ensuring latest firmware and software are installed.
- Attend trade shows and exhibitions as requested as part of the team providing technical advice and guidance to customers to help maximise sales and increase confidence in the brands and products.
- Assist with delivery of product training for new members of staff, as appropriate for their role, and support monthly & quarterly seminars / update training for staff on new and existing products, including assisting with the creation of training materials.
- Carry out product training on new and existing products for UK based trade accounts and their customers as well as distributors / customers across EMEA, as scheduled by the ATS Manager.
- Carry out in depth product testing on new products to determine compliance with EU legislation and product specifications. Contribute to the construction of reports on results and discuss with ATS Manager and other Company departments as directed, prior to either release to market or return to manufacturer for modifications.
- Carry out in depth testing and analysis of competitors’ products and compare performance and design to Company’s products. Contribute to the construction of reports on the findings and results for Sales and Marketing management teams, as requested.
- Carry out in depth product testing on existing products, to determine possible faults or potential for modifications or new application, as requested by the ATS Manager and company Product Managers.
- Support the effective management of the internal product database to integrate all Technical & Service documentation for both Audio-Technica and represented brands’ products. Update the database as required by the ATS Manager with new products and modifications.
- Contribute to the creation of the technical content of the Company website to ensure accuracy of information and enable end users to select appropriate products to meet their needs. Asist with regular reviews and updates of all product information on the website.
- Contribute to ATS Manager’s monthly report on frequently raised issues and enquiries for Product Managers and brand owners to identify where modifications / faults need attention or action.
- Undertake any training or development required to ensure up to date product knowledge, continued ability to carry out the requirements of the job role and general management development.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required
- Professional Audio Experience and/or Degree level qualification in Music Technology Electronics or Audio Engineering
- Excellent IT skills, including knowledge of databases
- Comprehensive knowledge & understanding of Audio-Technica products & its distributed brands
- Experience in using and understanding of digital and analogue audio products
- Fluent language skills – both written and verbal – in English and Spanish
- Excellent communicator with a high level of interpersonal skills
- High level analytical & problem solving skills
- Organised & methodical with excellent attention to detail
- Self-motivated with the ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to prioritise multiple tasks, working under pressure to meet deadlines and customer needs
- Full driving licence
- Technical specification ability / experience for Trade Shows & Exhibitions
- Understanding of IT networking
- Experience of controlled environment testing & measurement of products
- Experience of training and coaching
If you are interested in this position, please apply by sending your CV along with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date of 23rd August 2019.