Audio-Technica offers its employees both an open environment and an informal culture, encouraging fresh ideas and helping employees realise their true potential. We look for people with vision and innovative flair and above all, we believe there are opportunities for everyone to shine if they are ready to embrace a challenge. Working for Audio-Technica can be an exciting and rewarding experience, browse our vacancies below and contact us if you feel you might be suitable to join our team. If no vacancies are listed, we may still be interested in hearing from exciting individuals.
Marketing Manager Emea, Professional Audio
Date: 13th January 2017
Established in 1962, Audio-Technica is a worldwide group of companies devoted to the design, manufacture, marketing and distribution of world-class audio equipment. Initially known for state-of-the-art phonograph cartridges, Audio-Technica now creates high-performance microphones, headphones, wireless audio systems, mixers and electronic products for home and professional use.
Winner of numerous industry awards, Audio-Technica manufactures products that set quality, durability and price/performance standards for conferencing, systems integration, live sound touring, broadcast and recording studios, high profile sports events, corporate and government facilities, house-of-worship venues, and more. The Company has a successful track record in business growth, and wants to retain and recruit high caliber team members to help it deliver its ambitious development plans for the future. We now have an opportunity for a suitably experienced candidate to fulfil the role of Marketing Manager EMEA, Professional Audio.
Reporting functionally to the Director of Sales & Marketing EMEA, Professional Audio, this is a key role in developing and executing creative marketing strategy for Audio-Technica’s professional audio products range across the EMEA region, with an emphasis on audio visual conferencing and systems integration markets. The role could either be based at our Leeds UK office, or home based with at least 2 days per week spent at the Leeds UK office.
The successful candidate will be required to:-
- Work with the sales & marketing management team to create a comprehensive annual marketing plan for Audio-Technica professional audio products across the EMEA region. Including but not limited to localised product launch strategy, print and digital advertising strategy, tradeshow strategy, retail and SI support strategy, and PR strategy.
- Develop and brief projects to regional Marcom departments for localised sales and dealer support. Including but not limited to product launch, POS, collateral, literature and mailings.
- Ensure Marcom, Digital Development and Social Media departments are provided with all relevant materials and guidance for the successful launch of new products in line with marketing and sales strategy and within agreed timescales.
- Show consideration and demonstrate understanding of the requirements of B2B and B2C marketing, ensuring all campaigns and activities are developed with the relevant channels in mind.
- Take responsibility for the accurate and consistent implementation of brand guidelines in direct and distributor-managed territories.
- Manage, support and guide the marketing efforts of Audio-Technica’s professional audio distributor network across EMEA.
- Manage and maintain marketing budget for Professional Audio division across both direct and distributed territories.
- Identify potential case study opportunities and content; brief Marcom department for execution.
- Utilise project management software / best practice to ensure all projects carried out under your briefing are completed within agreed timescales to a high and consistent standard and communicated to relevant stakeholders.
- Travel on a monthly basis within EMEA region to support professional audio distributors and regional Marcom teams in direct territories.
- Develop and pro-actively maintain positive working relationships with colleagues across the EMEA business at all levels.
- Guide social media strategy for professional audio products, including strategy for B2B and B2C communication.
- Work with Marcom department to deliver a busy schedule of tradeshows across EMEA including collaborative show delivery with distributed brands.
- Deliver regular reports to senior sales & marketing management showing effective measurement of campaigns and activities.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate previous marketing experience - including at least 5 years in Professional Audio Visual - along with a relevant marketing qualification to degree level. They should also be able to demonstrate an understanding of and experience of working successfully with international cultures.
They must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build trust, respect and rapport quickly and at all levels. They should be highly self motivated with strong organisational, analytical and problem-solving skills and excellent attention to detail. Candidates must have excellent English language skills, both written and verbal, along with the resilience and adaptability to work effectively in a fast-paced, challenging and demanding environment; additional languages skills would be seen as an advantage.
It is essential that applicants have strong business understanding with a commercial mind-set and can demonstrate their ability to make logical and evidence based decisions. They must also be able to travel regularly across the EMEA region, staying overnight where required.
In return we offer a competitive salary along with the opportunity to earn a performance related bonus. We also offer a Company sick pay scheme, discount on products, subsidised gym membership, support with personal development and a pension scheme to which the Company contributes 6.5% of salary.
If you are interested in this position & can fulfil all the requirements, please apply by sending your CV, along with a covering letter which includes your current salary and notice period details, to email@example.com