Audio-Technica offers its employees both an open environment and an informal culture, encouraging fresh ideas and helping employees realise their true potential. We look for people with vision and innovative flair and above all, we believe there are opportunities for everyone to shine if they are ready to embrace a challenge. Working for Audio-Technica can be an exciting and rewarding experience, browse our vacancies below and contact us if you feel you might be suitable to join our team. If no vacancies are listed, we may still be interested in hearing from exciting individuals.
Date: 21st March 2018
Reporting to: Logistics Manager
Responsible for the day to day control and smooth running of the inbound and outbound Logistics operation; maintaining compliance with all import and export procedures and documentation as well as setting and controlling KPI’s and performance management of appointed carriers and freight forwarding companies.
- Manage and control inbound deliveries for two warehouses, working with both Warehouse and Purchasing to ensure optimal operational efficiencies and minimum disruption.
- Manage and maintain all key shipping documentation, including invoices, load sheets etc., and update AX in a timely manner.
- Manage imports of goods, as requested, in collaboration with Purchasing using various transportation methods to meet business requirements and in compliance will all import legislation and procedures.
- Liaise with Warehouse Manager and Freight Forwarders to ensure the timely and efficient delivery of goods into the warehouse.
- Ensure that AX is updated in a timely manner with accurate delivery dates, based on freight forwarders’ information.
- Using customer portals and online management tools to ensure on time, in full delivery of goods in compliance with customer requirements and SLA targets.
- Ensure Best Practice/Costs are considered when appointing Freight Companies to carry out specific deliveries. This includes customer requirements for types of vehicles needed to be off loaded.
- Liaise with transport companies to resolve any customer queries, obtaining POD’s for deliveries, lost parcels, insurance claims etc,.
- Create and provide effective and regular monthly management information on service levels; investigate and analyse delivery patterns to ensure continuous improvement in delivery efficiencies to minimise logistics costs.
- Provide support and any assistance required to colleagues within the Supply Chain Operations functions, including Purchasing, Service, Warehouse and cover for Customer Service.
- Create and Maintain SOP’s for booking procedures and ensure that they are reviewed and maintained regularly, updating as required.
- Undertake any training or development required to ensure up to date knowledge of logistics / export legislation, continued ability to carry out the requirements of the job role and general management development.
Key Supplier Account Management Responsibilities
- Various Freight Forwarders / Transport Companies
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required
- Previous logistics / supplier / import / customer management experience
- Previous experience of working with multiple transport providers
- Previous experience of using ERP systems
- Previous experience of import management with comprehensive knowledge & understanding of import procedures and documentation requirements
- English and Maths qualifications to GCSE level
- Strong IT skills – Excel, Word, Outlook
- Good communicator with a high level of interpersonal & negotiation skills
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Organised & methodical with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to make logical and evidence based decisions
- Strong business understanding and commercial mind-set
- Self motivated with the ability to work alone or as part of a team
- Ability to prioritise multiple tasks, working under pressure and to deliver to deadlines
- Experience of Microsoft Dynamics AX software
- Purchasing experience and/or qualifications
- Logistics / Export knowledge or experience
✓ Full Time
If you are interested in this position, please apply by sending your CV along with a covering letter to email@example.com.