AT4060 - Discontinued
Audio-Technica's AT4060 cardioid vacuum tube condenser brings the warmth of vintage tube sound to every shade of the SPL spectrum. With a dynamic range that far exceeds that of other tube microphones, it as easily captures the subtlest nuances of vocal and instrumental performance as it handles guitar cabinets and other extreme SPL environments. Featuring hand-selected, individually tested and aged tubes, the AT4060 achieves the coveted, classic sound of valve design without compromising the specification standards required for the most demanding recording situations.
Audio-Technica takes no chances with this microphone's consistency and reliability: every AT4060 is individually tested and inspected for 100 percent quality assurance - rare in today's world of mass-marketed studio microphones.
AT4060. Vintage sound, rock-solid reliability and amazing versatility for studio and live performance. From Audio-Technica's premium line of 40 Series condenser microphones.
- Vintage tube sound with the versatile performance necessary for the most demanding studio applications
- Wide dynamic range, low self-noise and high max SPL capability
- The 2-micron-thick, vapor-deposited gold diaphragms undergo a five-step aging process so that the optimum characteristics achieved remain constant over years of use
- Dual-diaphragm capsule design maintains precise polar pattern definition across the full frequency range of the microphone
- Precision-machined, nickel-plated brass, acoustic element baffle provides enhanced element stability and optimal sensitivity
- Regulated and heavily filtered heater current prevents noise contamination of audio signal chain
- Hand-selected tubes are individually tested and aged to maintain peak performance
- Large coupling transformer provides superior low-frequency linearity
- Custom shock mount provides superior isolation
- Element: Externally polarized (DC bias) condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20-20,000 Hz
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: -34 dB (19.9 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Impedance: 200 ohms
- Maximum Input Sound Level: 150 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.; 149 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 0.5% T.H.D.
- Dynamic Range: 131 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 75 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- Dimensions: MICROPHONE: 8.27" (210.0 mm) long, 2.10" (53.4 mm) maximum body diameter POWER SUPPLY: 8.27" (210.0 mm) W x 8.86" (225.0 mm) D x 1.73" (44.0 mm) H
- Output Connector: XLRM-type (on power supply)
- Accessories: AT8560 power supply; AT8447 shock mount for 5/8"-27 threaded stands; rack-mount adapters for power supply; protective mic carrying case
Safe Buying Guide
1) Buy Only From Authorised Dealers
Purchase only from authorised, which ensures you will receive a genuine product and receive high levels of pre and post sales service.
When you buy from an authorised dealer, whether at a shop or online, you can be sure you're buying a genuine, factory-new product. Authorised dealers will have access to the latest product knowledge and be able to offer a full warranty service in the event of problems.
2) Buying Safely From Amazon, eBay, etc
While Amazon themselves are an authorised online dealer of many headphones brands, many resellers who sell through Amazon are not. When purchasing, it is important to note where the product is being "shipped from and sold by," which is stated clearly in the header for each product on Amazon.
Many resellers on eBay selling headphone products are not authorised dealers, but instead are individuals or traders who do not provide the level of before and after sales support that is expected by headphone manufacturers.
3) If In Doubt Ask
If you are in any doubt about the retailer you are considering purchasing from please check with us.
Understand The Risks
If you purchase headphones from an unauthorised you risk the possibility of receiving faulty, fake or even stolen goods with little hope of obtaining warranty support in the event that the product develops a fault.
Unfortunately, Audio-Technica products are sometimes sold by companies that are not authorised dealers. Goods sold by these unauthorised companies may come from a variety of sources, including:
- Purchased via a grey secondary market (often from outside Europe that will not have warranty cover).
- Fake goods not produced by the manufacturer.
- Damaged, defective or so-called “B” grade stock.
- Stolen goods.
Many of these unauthorised resellers list products via Amazon Marketplace, eBay and similar sales outlets, but there are also more established retail stores who obtain stock via these unauthorised channels. If you are in any doubt, please contact Audio-Technica prior to making your purchase or check our dealer databases of authorized resellers:
The following websites are known resellers of fake Audio-Technica headphones.
The following websites are non-authorized resellers of Audio-Technica headphones and Audio-Technica strongly recommends European customers do NOT purchase from these stores:
In addition, Audio-Technica strongly advises customers against buying from eBay, or from any website where the price appears unusually low.