AT835b - Discontinued
The length (14.53") of the AT835b Line + Gradient Condenser Microphone is well-suited for ENG, outdoor recording and other specialized uses. The microphone is designed for video production and broadcast (ENG/EFP) audio acquisition. Suited for both boom & handheld use, it provides the narrow acceptance angle desirable for long-distance sound pickup, featuring excellent sound rejection from the sides and rear of mic and switchable low-frequency roll-off. It operates on battery or phantom power.
- Designed for professional recording, broadcasting and film/TV/video production
- Short length is well-suited for ENG, outdoor recording and other specialized uses
- Provides the narrow acceptance angle desirable for long-distance sound pickup
- Excellent sound rejection from the sides and rear of mic
- Switchable low-frequency roll-off
- Operates on battery or phantom power
- Element: Fixed-charge back plate, permanently polarized condenser
- Polar Pattern: Line + gradient
- Frequency Response: 40-20,000 Hz
- Low Frequency Roll Off: 180 Hz, 12 dB/octave
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: Phantom: -38 dB (12.5 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa Battery: -39 dB (11.2 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Impedance: Phantom: 500 ohms Battery: 600 ohms
- Maximum Input Sound Level: Phantom: 130 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D. Battery: 115 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- Dynamic Range: Phantom: 106 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL Battery: 91 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 70 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- Phantom Power Requiremens: 9-52V DC, 2 mA typical
- Battery Type: 1.5V AA/UM3
- Battery Current Life: 0.4 mA / 1200 hours typical
- Switch: Flat, roll-off (recessed)
- Weight: 5.3 oz (150 g)
- Output Connector: Integral 3-pin XLRM-type
- Accessories: AT8405a stand clamp for 5/8"-27 threaded stands; AT8132 windscreen; battery; protective carrying case
Safe Buying Guide
1) Buy Only From Authorised Dealers
Purchase only from authorised, which ensures you will receive a genuine product and receive high levels of pre and post sales service.
When you buy from an authorised dealer, whether at a shop or online, you can be sure you're buying a genuine, factory-new product. Authorised dealers will have access to the latest product knowledge and be able to offer a full warranty service in the event of problems.
2) Buying Safely From Amazon, eBay, etc
While Amazon themselves are an authorised online dealer of many headphones brands, many resellers who sell through Amazon are not. When purchasing, it is important to note where the product is being "shipped from and sold by," which is stated clearly in the header for each product on Amazon.
Many resellers on eBay selling headphone products are not authorised dealers, but instead are individuals or traders who do not provide the level of before and after sales support that is expected by headphone manufacturers.
3) If In Doubt Ask
If you are in any doubt about the retailer you are considering purchasing from please check with us.
Understand The Risks
If you purchase headphones from an unauthorised you risk the possibility of receiving faulty, fake or even stolen goods with little hope of obtaining warranty support in the event that the product develops a fault.
Unfortunately, Audio-Technica products are sometimes sold by companies that are not authorised dealers. Goods sold by these unauthorised companies may come from a variety of sources, including:
- Purchased via a grey secondary market (often from outside Europe that will not have warranty cover).
- Fake goods not produced by the manufacturer.
- Damaged, defective or so-called “B” grade stock.
- Stolen goods.
Many of these unauthorised resellers list products via Amazon Marketplace, eBay and similar sales outlets, but there are also more established retail stores who obtain stock via these unauthorised channels. If you are in any doubt, please contact Audio-Technica prior to making your purchase or check our dealer databases of authorized resellers:
The following websites are known resellers of fake Audio-Technica headphones.
The following websites are non-authorized resellers of Audio-Technica headphones and Audio-Technica strongly recommends European customers do NOT purchase from these stores:
In addition, Audio-Technica strongly advises customers against buying from eBay, or from any website where the price appears unusually low.