The Audio-Technica AT-F3/III stereo cartridge provides excellent all round performance for those seeking an entry level moving coil cartridge. Featuring a dual coil design and elliptical stylus the AT-F3 comes finished in a stylish silver and blue housing.
The elliptical stylus has two radii, the front radius being wider than the side radius. This allows the stylus to ride in the centre of the groove, while the smaller side radius can more accurately track higher frequencies.
The F3 features a dual coil design which ensures clarity of sound and improved frequency response.
Finished in a stylish silver and blue housing.
- Type: Moving coil (MC)
- Frequency response: 15 to 50,000 Hz
- Output voltage: 0.35 mV (1 kHz, 5cm/sec.)
- Channel separation: 27 dB (1 kHz)
- Channel balance: 1.5 dB (1 kHz)
- Tracking force: 1.8 to 2.2 g (standard: 2.0 g)
- Coil impedance: 12 O (1 kHz)
- DC resistance: 12 O
- Recommended load impedance: Min. 100O (when head amplifier is connected)
- Coil inductance: 25 µH (1 kHz)
- Static compliance: 35 x 10 - 6 cm/dyne
- Dynamic compliance: 9 x 10 - 6 cm/dyne (100 Hz)
- Stylus: Nude elliptical stylus 0.2 x 1.7 mil
- Suspension wires: Integrated with resin
- Vertical tracking angle: 23 degrees
- Dimensions: 17.3 (H) x 16.8 (W) x 25.4 (L) mm
- Weight: 5.0 g
Safe Buying Guide
1) Buy Only From Authorised Dealers
Purchase only from authorised, which ensures you will receive a genuine product and receive high levels of pre and post sales service.
When you buy from an authorised dealer, whether at a shop or online, you can be sure you're buying a genuine, factory-new product. Authorised dealers will have access to the latest product knowledge and be able to offer a full warranty service in the event of problems.
2) Buying Safely From Amazon, eBay, etc
While Amazon themselves are an authorised online dealer of many headphones brands, many resellers who sell through Amazon are not. When purchasing, it is important to note where the product is being "shipped from and sold by," which is stated clearly in the header for each product on Amazon.
Many resellers on eBay selling headphone products are not authorised dealers, but instead are individuals or traders who do not provide the level of before and after sales support that is expected by headphone manufacturers.
3) If In Doubt Ask
If you are in any doubt about the retailer you are considering purchasing from please check with us.
Understand The Risks
If you purchase headphones from an unauthorised you risk the possibility of receiving faulty, fake or even stolen goods with little hope of obtaining warranty support in the event that the product develops a fault.
Unfortunately, Audio-Technica products are sometimes sold by companies that are not authorised dealers. Goods sold by these unauthorised companies may come from a variety of sources, including:
- Purchased via a grey secondary market (often from outside Europe that will not have warranty cover).
- Fake goods not produced by the manufacturer.
- Damaged, defective or so-called “B” grade stock.
- Stolen goods.
Many of these unauthorised resellers list products via Amazon Marketplace, eBay and similar sales outlets, but there are also more established retail stores who obtain stock via these unauthorised channels. If you are in any doubt, please contact Audio-Technica prior to making your purchase or check our dealer databases of authorized resellers:
The following websites are known resellers of fake Audio-Technica headphones.
The following websites are non-authorized resellers of Audio-Technica headphones and Audio-Technica strongly recommends European customers do NOT purchase from these stores:
In addition, Audio-Technica strongly advises customers against buying from eBay, or from any website where the price appears unusually low.