Audio-Technica's premium professional studiophones offer a flat, extended frequency response for professional studio monitoring. Superior components provide very high SPL capabilities while maintaining exceptional clarity of sound. Exterior design features include sturdy strain-relief cable and comfortable circumaural earpieces that can be rotated 180º to permit one-ear monitoring. The studiophones utilize 40-millimeter drives with neodymium magnets and copper-clad aluminum wire voice coils for lowest mass. They are equipped with an 11-foot cable terminated in a standard ¼-inch connector. This field-serviceable model allows elements, cables, and earpads to be replaced in the field if needed.
- Flat, extended frequency response for mixing/monitoring
- Field-replaceable cables, drivers and ear pads
- 1,600 mW of power handling, high SPL capability
- 40 mm diameter drivers, neodymium magnets and CCAW voice coils
- OFC litz wire cables, convenient one-side exit
- Rotating earpieces for easy one-ear monitoring
- Driver Diameter: 40 mm
- Magnet: Neodymium
- Frequency Response: 5 - 28,000 Hz
- Maximum Input: 1,600 mW at - kHz
- Sensitivity: 100 dB
- Impedance: 60 ohms
- Weight: 8.8 oz (250 g) without cable
- Cable: 11' (3.4 m) (OFC litz wire, left-side exit)
- Connector: 1/4" (6.3 mm) phone plug
Safe Buying Guide
1) Buy Only From Authorised Dealers
Purchase only from authorised, which ensures you will receive a genuine product and receive high levels of pre and post sales service.
When you buy from an authorised dealer, whether at a shop or online, you can be sure you're buying a genuine, factory-new product. Authorised dealers will have access to the latest product knowledge and be able to offer a full warranty service in the event of problems.
2) Buying Safely From Amazon, eBay, etc
While Amazon themselves are an authorised online dealer of many headphones brands, many resellers who sell through Amazon are not. When purchasing, it is important to note where the product is being "shipped from and sold by," which is stated clearly in the header for each product on Amazon.
Many resellers on eBay selling headphone products are not authorised dealers, but instead are individuals or traders who do not provide the level of before and after sales support that is expected by headphone manufacturers.
3) If In Doubt Ask
If you are in any doubt about the retailer you are considering purchasing from please check with us.
Understand The Risks
If you purchase headphones from an unauthorised you risk the possibility of receiving faulty, fake or even stolen goods with little hope of obtaining warranty support in the event that the product develops a fault.
Unfortunately, Audio-Technica products are sometimes sold by companies that are not authorised dealers. Goods sold by these unauthorised companies may come from a variety of sources, including:
- Purchased via a grey secondary market (often from outside Europe that will not have warranty cover).
- Fake goods not produced by the manufacturer.
- Damaged, defective or so-called “B” grade stock.
- Stolen goods.
Many of these unauthorised resellers list products via Amazon Marketplace, eBay and similar sales outlets, but there are also more established retail stores who obtain stock via these unauthorised channels. If you are in any doubt, please contact Audio-Technica prior to making your purchase or check our dealer databases of authorized resellers:
The following websites are known resellers of fake Audio-Technica headphones.
The following websites are non-authorized resellers of Audio-Technica headphones and Audio-Technica strongly recommends European customers do NOT purchase from these stores:
In addition, Audio-Technica strongly advises customers against buying from eBay, or from any website where the price appears unusually low.