Perfect for speech, theater, orchestra and choir sound reinforcement and recording, the U853R cardioid condenser hanging microphone is equipped with UniGuard® innovations that offer unsurpassed immunity from radio frequency interference. With a consistent cardioid polar pattern, the mic offers natural sound from any angle, and superior gain before feedback. It is phantom powered and features an integral 80 Hz low-cut UniSteep® filter that reduces pickup of low-frequency ambient noise. The microphone accepts interchangeable elements, available in cardioid, hypercardioid, omnidirectional and UniLine® line cardioid polar patterns.
- Designed for suspension over choirs, instrumental groups and theater stages
- Superior off-axis rejection for maximum gain before feedback
- UniGuard® RFI-shielding technology offers outstanding rejection of radio frequency interference (RFI)
- UniSteep® filter provides a steep low-frequency attenuation to improve sound pickup without affecting voice quality
- Accepts interchangeable elements to permit angle of acceptance from 90° to 360°
- Low-profile design with low-reflectance finish for minimum visibility
- Available in two colors: black (U853R) and white (U853RW)
- Element: Fixed-charge back plate, permanently polarized condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 30-20,000 Hz
- Low Frequency Roll Off: 80 Hz, 18 dB/octave
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: 39 dB (11.2 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Impedance: 250 ohms
- Maximum Input Sound Level: 139 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- Dynamic Range: 115 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 70 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- Phantom Power Requiremens: 11-52V DC, 2 mA typical
- Switch: Flat, roll-off
- Cable: 25.0' (7.6 m) long (permanently attached to microphone), 0.13" (3.2 mm) diameter, 2 conductor shielded cable with TA3F-type connector
- Accessories: AT8153 two-stage foam windscreen; AT8451 steel hanger; AT8538 power module; AT8438 5/8"-27 stand adapter
|U853R Specification Sheet||324 KB|
|U853R Polar Pattern||50 KB|
|U853R Frequency Response||45 KB|
|U853R Declaration of Conformity||158 KB|
Safe Buying Guide
1) Buy Only From Authorised Dealers
Purchase only from authorised, which ensures you will receive a genuine product and receive high levels of pre and post sales service.
When you buy from an authorised dealer, whether at a shop or online, you can be sure you're buying a genuine, factory-new product. Authorised dealers will have access to the latest product knowledge and be able to offer a full warranty service in the event of problems.
2) Buying Safely From Amazon, eBay, etc
While Amazon themselves are an authorised online dealer of many headphones brands, many resellers who sell through Amazon are not. When purchasing, it is important to note where the product is being "shipped from and sold by," which is stated clearly in the header for each product on Amazon.
Many resellers on eBay selling headphone products are not authorised dealers, but instead are individuals or traders who do not provide the level of before and after sales support that is expected by headphone manufacturers.
3) If In Doubt Ask
If you are in any doubt about the retailer you are considering purchasing from please check with us.
Understand The Risks
If you purchase headphones from an unauthorised you risk the possibility of receiving faulty, fake or even stolen goods with little hope of obtaining warranty support in the event that the product develops a fault.
Unfortunately, Audio-Technica products are sometimes sold by companies that are not authorised dealers. Goods sold by these unauthorised companies may come from a variety of sources, including:
- Purchased via a grey secondary market (often from outside Europe that will not have warranty cover).
- Fake goods not produced by the manufacturer.
- Damaged, defective or so-called “B” grade stock.
- Stolen goods.
Many of these unauthorised resellers list products via Amazon Marketplace, eBay and similar sales outlets, but there are also more established retail stores who obtain stock via these unauthorised channels. If you are in any doubt, please contact Audio-Technica prior to making your purchase or check our dealer databases of authorized resellers:
The following websites are known resellers of fake Audio-Technica headphones.
The following websites are non-authorized resellers of Audio-Technica headphones and Audio-Technica strongly recommends European customers do NOT purchase from these stores:
In addition, Audio-Technica strongly advises customers against buying from eBay, or from any website where the price appears unusually low.