Created especially for on-air news & sports broadcasting, announcing & interviews, this rugged stereo headset offers natural, highly intelligible and focused vocal reproduction, closed-back circumaural (around-the-ear) ear cups to seal out background noise, and a high-output dynamic microphone mounted on a flexible gooseneck boom.
The headset’s microphone has a cardioid polar pattern tailored for pickup of speech with maximum voice intelligibility over a wide range of frequencies. It is more sensitive to sound originating directly in front of the element, making it useful in reducing pickup of unwanted sounds. The flexible gooseneck boom swivels for easy positioning on either the right or left side.
- Microphone features polar pattern and frequency response tailored for natural, highly intelligible vocal reproduction
- Closed-back circumaural ear cups help seal out crowd noise and other background distractions
- Neodymium magnets in microphone and headphones for high output level & detailed sound reproduction
- Cardioid pickup pattern of the dynamic microphone rejects off-axis sounds
- Boom-mounted microphone can be positioned on the left or right side
- Adjustable cushioned headband and lightweight design for long-wearing comfort
- Rugged design with user-replaceable cable and ear pads
- Detachable cable (BPCB1) terminates in 3-pin XLRM-type connector for microphone and ¼” 3-conductor for headphone
- Type: Closed-back Dynamic (Headphone)
Cardioid Dynamic (Microphone)
- Driver Diameter: 40 mm (Headphone)
- Magnet: Neodymium (Headphone)
- Voice Coil: Copper-clad aluminum wire
- Frequency Response: 20-20,000 Hz (Headphone)
40-20,000 Hz (Microphone)
- Maximum Input Power: 1,600 mW at 1 kHz
- Sensitivity: 100 dB (Headphone)
-57 dB (1.4 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa (Microphone)
- Impedance: 65 ohms (Headphone)
560 ohms (Microphone)
- Weight: 264 g (9.3 oz)
- Cable: 3.3 m (10.8') long with 8-pin connector at headset end; 3-pin XLRM-type connector (microphone) and 6.3 mm (1/4") phone plug (headphone) outputs
- Accessories Included: 3 windscreens; spare connector screw
- Dimensions: 82.0 mm (3.23") wide (earcup);
46.0 mm (1.81") wide (headband);
180.1 mm (7.09") long (boom), microphone extended;
24.0 mm (0.94") diameter (microphone)
Safe Buying Guide
1) Buy Only From Authorised Dealers
Purchase only from authorised, which ensures you will receive a genuine product and receive high levels of pre and post sales service.
When you buy from an authorised dealer, whether at a shop or online, you can be sure you're buying a genuine, factory-new product. Authorised dealers will have access to the latest product knowledge and be able to offer a full warranty service in the event of problems.
2) Buying Safely From Amazon, eBay, etc
While Amazon themselves are an authorised online dealer of many headphones brands, many resellers who sell through Amazon are not. When purchasing, it is important to note where the product is being "shipped from and sold by," which is stated clearly in the header for each product on Amazon.
Many resellers on eBay selling headphone products are not authorised dealers, but instead are individuals or traders who do not provide the level of before and after sales support that is expected by headphone manufacturers.
3) If In Doubt Ask
If you are in any doubt about the retailer you are considering purchasing from please check with us.
Understand The Risks
If you purchase headphones from an unauthorised you risk the possibility of receiving faulty, fake or even stolen goods with little hope of obtaining warranty support in the event that the product develops a fault.
Unfortunately, Audio-Technica products are sometimes sold by companies that are not authorised dealers. Goods sold by these unauthorised companies may come from a variety of sources, including:
- Purchased via a grey secondary market (often from outside Europe that will not have warranty cover).
- Fake goods not produced by the manufacturer.
- Damaged, defective or so-called “B” grade stock.
- Stolen goods.
Many of these unauthorised resellers list products via Amazon Marketplace, eBay and similar sales outlets, but there are also more established retail stores who obtain stock via these unauthorised channels. If you are in any doubt, please contact Audio-Technica prior to making your purchase or check our dealer databases of authorized resellers:
The following websites are known resellers of fake Audio-Technica headphones.
eBay user: sleep-and-save
The following websites are non-authorized resellers of Audio-Technica headphones and Audio-Technica strongly recommends European customers do NOT purchase from these stores:
In addition, Audio-Technica strongly advises customers against buying from eBay, or from any website where the price appears unusually low.