This clip-on lavalier mic provides crisp, full-sounding voice pickup and excels as an instrument mic, especially for pickup of acoustic guitar with included AT8444 guitar adapter. It offers excellent gain before feedback and suppression of background noise. An integral 80 Hz high-pass filter provides easy switching from a flat frequency response to a low-end roll-off. It operates on battery or phantom power.
- Clip-on lavalier mic also excels in acoustic guitar applications
- Provides crisp, full-sounding voice and instrument pickup
- Operates on battery or phantom power
- 6' (1.8 m) cable permanently attached to mic, TA3F connector at power module
- RoHS compliant - free from all substances specified in the EU directive on hazardous substances
- Also available as: AT831R - with phantom-only power module AT831c - less power module; includes clothing clip and windscreen only; 10' (3 m) cable, unterminated AT831cW - less power module; includes clothing clip and windscreen only; 55" (1.4 m) cable terminated with locking 4-pin connector for A-T UniPak® wireless systems AT831cT5 - less power module; includes clothing clip and windscreen only; 55" (1.4 m) cable terminated with TA5F connector for ATW-U101 body-pack wireless system
- Element: Fixed-charge back plate, permanently polarized condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 40-18,000 Hz
- Low Frequency Roll Off: 80 Hz, 18 dB/octave
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: Phantom: -44 dB (6.3 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa Battery: -46 dB (5.0 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Impedance: Phantom: 200 ohms Battery: 270 ohms
- Maximum Input Sound Level: Phantom: 135 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D. Battery: 121 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- Dynamic Range: Phantom: 106 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL Battery: 92 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 65 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- Phantom Power Requiremens: 11-52V DC, 2 mA typical
- Battery Type: 1.5V AA/UM3
- Battery Current Life: 0.4 mA / 1200 hours typical (alkaline)
- Switch: Off, on-flat, on-roll-off
- Cable: 6' (1.8 m) long (permanently attached to microphone), 0.10" (2.6 mm) diameter, 2-conductor, shielded cable with TA3F-type connector
- Accessories: AT8417 clothing clip; AT8444 instrument adapter; AT8531 power module; AT8116 windscreen; battery; protective carrying case
|AT831b Specification Sheet||108 KB|
|AT831b Polar Pattern||51 KB|
|AT831b Frequency Response||45 KB|
|AT831b Declaration of Conformity||158 KB|
AT831R Cardioid Condenser Lavalier Microphone
This clip-on lavalier mic provides crisp, full-sounding voice pickup. The AT831R also excels as an instrument mic, especially for pickup of acoustic guitar with included AT8444 guitar adapter.
AT831c Cardioid Condenser Lavalier Microphone
Same as AT831R, less power module; unterminated 10' cable.
AT831aW Cardioid Condenser Lavalier Microphone
Terminated with locking 4-pin connector for A-T UniPak® body-pack wireless transmitters.
Audio-Technica AT8116 Microphone Windscreen
Audio-Technica AT8131 Microphone Windscreen
AT8411 Lavalier Microphone Clip
Audio-Technica AT8411 Lavalier Microphone Clip
AT8414 Lavalier Microphone Clip
Audio-Technica AT8414 Lavalier Microphone Clip
AT8434 Lavalier Microphone Clip
Audio-Technica AT8434 Lavalier Microphone Clip
BPF-XLAV Fur Sock for Tie-clip Microphones
Fur Sock for Tie-clip Microphones
Safe Buying Guide
1) Buy Only From Authorised Dealers
Purchase only from authorised, which ensures you will receive a genuine product and receive high levels of pre and post sales service.
When you buy from an authorised dealer, whether at a shop or online, you can be sure you're buying a genuine, factory-new product. Authorised dealers will have access to the latest product knowledge and be able to offer a full warranty service in the event of problems.
2) Buying Safely From Amazon, eBay, etc
While Amazon themselves are an authorised online dealer of many headphones brands, many resellers who sell through Amazon are not. When purchasing, it is important to note where the product is being "shipped from and sold by," which is stated clearly in the header for each product on Amazon.
Many resellers on eBay selling headphone products are not authorised dealers, but instead are individuals or traders who do not provide the level of before and after sales support that is expected by headphone manufacturers.
3) If In Doubt Ask
If you are in any doubt about the retailer you are considering purchasing from please check with us.
Understand The Risks
If you purchase headphones from an unauthorised you risk the possibility of receiving faulty, fake or even stolen goods with little hope of obtaining warranty support in the event that the product develops a fault.
Unfortunately, Audio-Technica products are sometimes sold by companies that are not authorised dealers. Goods sold by these unauthorised companies may come from a variety of sources, including:
- Purchased via a grey secondary market (often from outside Europe that will not have warranty cover).
- Fake goods not produced by the manufacturer.
- Damaged, defective or so-called “B” grade stock.
- Stolen goods.
Many of these unauthorised resellers list products via Amazon Marketplace, eBay and similar sales outlets, but there are also more established retail stores who obtain stock via these unauthorised channels. If you are in any doubt, please contact Audio-Technica prior to making your purchase or check our dealer databases of authorized resellers:
The following websites are known resellers of fake Audio-Technica headphones.
The following websites are non-authorized resellers of Audio-Technica headphones and Audio-Technica strongly recommends European customers do NOT purchase from these stores:
In addition, Audio-Technica strongly advises customers against buying from eBay, or from any website where the price appears unusually low.