Audio-Technica’s ATND971 Cardioid Condenser Boundary Network Microphone bridges the gap between audio and IT as the first wired microphone that transmits audio and control data together over Audinate’s Dante™ network protocol.
A simple Ethernet connection allows the Network Microphone to communicate across an existing network of Dante-enabled devices and, with the microphone’s programmable user switch, control any of those devices at the push of a button. A perfect fit for boardrooms and other meeting spaces, Audio-Technica’s ATND971 boundary mic features simple, inexpensive Ethernet connectivity, outstanding sound quality, a Red/Green LED status indicator and an integrated user switch to control anything from triggering a video camera pan/tilt to a room’s lighting preset and much more. And since Dante can support up to 512 bidirectional audio channels, this microphone offers an easily scalable solution. The ATND971 is powered by network PoE.
A true audio/IT convergence, the ATND971 boundary mic not only delivers the superior audio you would expect from Audio-Technica, with outstanding speech intelligibility and transparent sound quality, it also transmits control data to communicate across a network of Dante-enabled devices. The integrated programmable user switch allows users to trigger a video camera’s pan/tilt, recall lighting presets or control anything else on the network at the push of a button. And with a Red/Green LED the microphone can visually convey mute status, incoming phone calls or other creative visual effects utilizing a control system.
The microphone plugs into the network via Ethernet cable – easy to install and operate. Features UniGuard® RFI-shielding technology and UniSteep® low-cut filter.
- Element: Fixed-charge back plate, permanently polarized condenser
- Polar Pattern: Half-cardioid (cardioid in hemisphere above mounting surface)
- Frequency Response: 30-20,000 Hz
- Maximum Input Sound Level: 117 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- Low Frequency Roll Off: 80 Hz, 18 dB/octave
- Switches: Local Mode: Touch-sensitive capacitivetype user switch function: toggle (mute on power up), toggle (talk on power up), momentary on, momentary off; Low-cut filter: flat, roll-off; Gain: +30 dB, +40 dB, +50 dB Remote Mode: Low-cut and Gain via third-party software*
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 68 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- Power Requirements: PoE IEEE802.3af standard (Power consumption 1.5W)
- Weight: 393g
- Dimensions: 110.0 mm (4.33") maximum length, 89.5 mm (3.52") maximum width, 35.8 mm (1.41") maximum height
- Output Connector: RJ45
- Accessories Included: Soft protective pouch
Safe Buying Guide
1) Buy Only From Authorised Dealers
Purchase only from authorised, which ensures you will receive a genuine product and receive high levels of pre and post sales service.
When you buy from an authorised dealer, whether at a shop or online, you can be sure you're buying a genuine, factory-new product. Authorised dealers will have access to the latest product knowledge and be able to offer a full warranty service in the event of problems.
2) Buying Safely From Amazon, eBay, etc
While Amazon themselves are an authorised online dealer of many headphones brands, many resellers who sell through Amazon are not. When purchasing, it is important to note where the product is being "shipped from and sold by," which is stated clearly in the header for each product on Amazon.
Many resellers on eBay selling headphone products are not authorised dealers, but instead are individuals or traders who do not provide the level of before and after sales support that is expected by headphone manufacturers.
3) If In Doubt Ask
If you are in any doubt about the retailer you are considering purchasing from please check with us.
Understand The Risks
If you purchase headphones from an unauthorised you risk the possibility of receiving faulty, fake or even stolen goods with little hope of obtaining warranty support in the event that the product develops a fault.
Unfortunately, Audio-Technica products are sometimes sold by companies that are not authorised dealers. Goods sold by these unauthorised companies may come from a variety of sources, including:
- Purchased via a grey secondary market (often from outside Europe that will not have warranty cover).
- Fake goods not produced by the manufacturer.
- Damaged, defective or so-called “B” grade stock.
- Stolen goods.
Many of these unauthorised resellers list products via Amazon Marketplace, eBay and similar sales outlets, but there are also more established retail stores who obtain stock via these unauthorised channels. If you are in any doubt, please contact Audio-Technica prior to making your purchase or check our dealer databases of authorized resellers:
The following websites are known resellers of fake Audio-Technica headphones.
eBay user: sleep-and-save
The following websites are non-authorized resellers of Audio-Technica headphones and Audio-Technica strongly recommends European customers do NOT purchase from these stores:
In addition, Audio-Technica strongly advises customers against buying from eBay, or from any website where the price appears unusually low.